Save the Date:
The MEGSL Winter Meeting
January 29, 2014
View Larger Map
Join us in welcoming Lane Walker, mathematics teacher from Francis Howell High School and Panelist at the "Common Core & Curriculum Controversies" discussion at the Thomas B. Fordham Institute. Lane will lead a session on the Common Core State Standards entitled "Common Core Rigor: How Will We Get There?"
At the 2013 Spring Banquet, the Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis (MEGSL) awarded two $1000 scholarships for students interested in careers in mathematics education.
Past Scholarship winners:
- 2013 High School Scholarship winner: Lizzie Schneider
- 2013 University Scholarship winner: Elizabeth Sippel
- 2012 High School Scholarship winner: Julia Nichols
- 2012 University Scholarship winner: Anna Shaw
- 2011 High School Scholarship winner: Molly Dean
- 2011 University Scholarship winner: Wayne Dierker
- 2010 High School Scholarship winner: Wayne Dierker
- 2010 University Scholarship winner: Anna Shaw
MEGSL Teacher of the Year
One of the goals of the Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis is to recognize excellence in mathematics teaching. To meet this goal, Teacher-of-the-Year Awards are given each spring and in four categories: K–5 (Elementary), 6–8 (Middle), 9–12 (Secondary), and Post-Secondary.
MEGSL news right to your inbox
Interested in upcoming MEGSL or other math-related events? Send your email address to publicity chair Steve Willott and stay updated! Just ask Steve to add your address to the MEGSL email list. To ensure delivery to your inbox, be sure that your spam settings will allow email from the email@example.com address.